Selling Your Home
If you're interested in selling your home, please get in touch! Together we can determine if the Barrett team is right for you and your property. If so, we will work tirelessly to make the sale as quickly as possible, and at the highest price. To begin the process, please contact us or fill out our easy online form for a Comparable Market Analysis (CMA).
Other homes on the market will be in direct competition with yours, especially if the homes have features and amenities in common with yours and are in the same neighborhood. I make it a point to know as much as possible about the competition; the more I know, the better prepared my team and I are to sell your home.
Plan of Action
The Barrett Real Estate Team's objectives are:
- To get as many qualified buyers as possible to view your home until it is SOLD.
- To communicate the results of our activities to you quickly and accurately.
- To assist you in getting the highest possible dollar value for your property with the least amount of problems.
- To constantly look for the best possible methods of exposing your property to potential buyers in the market.
The following is a 16-Point plan we use when marketing your home:
- Submit your home to the Multiple Listing Service (MLS).
- Submit copies of your listing to our company’s sales staff for their qualified buyers.
- Promote your home at the real estate board meetings for maximum exposure to the other agents in the area.
- Internet marketing in Realtor.com, Homes.com, Zillow, Trulia and as a "hot property featured on this website.
- Suggest and advise you on changes to consider relative to your property to make it more attractive to buyers.
- Update you as to any changes in the market.
- "Farm" your surrounding area with your home brochures.
- Create additional exposure through a professional sign and lock box.
- Hold an open house when possible.
- Pre-qualify, when possible, prospective buyers.
- Have the cooperating brokers in the area tour your home.
- Follow up with salespeople who have shown your home, providing you with feedback.
- Assist you in arranging interim financing, if necessary.
- Deliver a copy of your MLS IDX listing and all published advertisements.
- Represent you in the presentation of contracts and negotiations.
- Keep you informed, after the contract has been accepted, on all mortgage, title, and other closing procedures.
Pricing Your Home to Sell
Price matters if you want to sell. The Barrett Real Estate Group will work hard to help you get it. Here are the considerations we take into place when pricing:
The following five questions when pricing your home:
- What price do you have in mind?
- What are the important selling points of your home?
- How many comparable listings are currently on the market?
- At what prices have comparable listings recently sold?
- Which comparable listings in your community not sell?
What Affects the Market Value of Your Home?
Ultimately, buyer value or market value will determine the selling value of your property, with the following things contributing to that value:
- Physical Qualities of Your Home
- Size of house and lot
- Floor plan and architectural style
- Market Conditions
- Interest rates and availability of financing
- Buyer demand
- Prices of recently sold properties
- State of the economy
Some Factors Have No Effect on the Current Value of Your Home
- Original Price What you originally paid for your house
- The cash you want or need from the sale
- What "people" say your property is worth
What is the Best Price for Your Home?
A Comparable Market Analysis (CMA) will give you a solid foundation for the realistic pricing of your property.
Click here for our free Comparable Market Analysis (CMA).
Buyers Compare Properties
Home buyers engage in comparison shopping and will seek out the best home for the price with similar features. Realistic prices attract buyers.